Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Memorable Holi-day



"SHIIIIIT .... " i exclaimed as i got up from my bed. It was 8 in the morning, not that i am an early riser who goes every morning to the nearby park with his sweatshirt on to jogout his energy and return back sweating or to see the good girls hopping with their pods on, hair locks tied and running as if coming straight to me for an autograph( hehe...). It was actually the 23rd of march, no again don't misunderstand me, it wasn't my school boards that i will wake up so late for it (had studied overnight for those and yet got dissappointed but thats a different affair, someday later..) neither was it the birthday of my G.F (haven't had the priviledge of managing a single one ... and even if manage to do it someday i would barely remember her birthday).



The day was 'Dhuleti' or 'Holi'. Yes, the same day when people play with colors and water with friends and family. Actually having left all the stress of exams and work behind i had planned to celebrate this Holi with my gang... wait!! you don't know my gang yet, Thats me (RJ) , KK , Vish , Kaka , Lallan. So yeah i decided to have a blast that day and i fell off my plan on the first step itself, I woke up late. 'SHIIIIT' i said, as i jumped from my bed and flinging off my blanket. I remember Fred Flinstones doing that in 'The Flinstones'. Maybe i would have seen it when i was small, i was a cartoon freak then... specially that Scooby doo , Johnny Quest and Mowgli, Just couldn't get over that Enigma.. but wait am getting off track, Sorry i do get carried away sometimes. So what was plan by the way ?



Yes i had decided to spend the day with my friends. Now as a part of disaster management i dressed up in mini seconds and had my breakfast in microseconds. I kicked started my white colored 'Kinetic Style' (1999 model.. not working now...) and pressed up towards Vish's house. I and him live on the edge of the city, only 10 km apart. It took me 15 minutes, 3 red signals and 15 yawns to reach his tent. I knocked his door. There was no reply... What the hell were the people doing there ? Sleeping at 9 in the morning. But soon someone opened the door. I don't remember who, I rushed in without even wishing, Crashed into his room and on him on his bed. He sweared his life, his bosom, his bike and my ass to let me off him. By the time he got me off he was draped in Red, Green and purple colors. I had just made him my first victim. That was my plan, To get all the Blood sucking friends to realise who the real Gangster is and what is real fun.



So there at Vish's house we further colored his room, parents and even the plants. God knows how he cleaned it all later. 15 minutes later we were off to Kake's tent to plunder him. Well it was rather a different job with him and difficult as well. He didn't use to play Holi or with colors and had experianced it only once in his life. We arrived in a rainbowed outfit at his doorstep holding water balloons and colors and ready to attack on a go. But we were dissappointed him already bathed and studying (Those days his favourite pass time activity was to read physics and chemistry reference books....I pity him.... ). So we had no option but to threaten his books and in turn his life. He couldn't survive our onslaught with vish on front and i on the back door, It reminds me how i use to play chor police when i was small. We plundered him like anything and he has never complained. I still remember him trying to blow a balloon which wasn't actually ready to, He eventually had to stamp on it.



Having bathed twice without actually bathing, we decided to expand our horizons ! we called up KK and called him up at Bunty's place.i remember calling him up snd getting a very interesting reply,"Abe what to play with colors, Its boring and childish". I told that we had had a blast till now and were thinking to call up the girls also.Thats it he was at Bunty's place in 10 minutes on his activa and ready to even sing or dance.You just need to know the stick for the dog I thought !!



We then had to acquire some ammunition i.e. colors and balloons. Having done so we proceded to Lallan's mansion. Well let me tell you first why we call him Lallan... Long ago when he was born he turned red with anger when the doctor denied his mother to hold him, saying that he needs to rest first. Hahaha... Just joking .. But really he does get red whenever blushing or angry. I am sure he is getting the color when reading this. So we citytrotted to the other side to Lallan's place where we reached unannounced again. He was practically doing nothing when we knocked on his door. Just reading the newspaper and drinking milk. Now imagine someone calmly sitting on his sofa, holding the paper, reading the sports column(he generally reads that much only...), sipping a cup of milk and you suddenly see 4 multicolored alienated and familiar strangers who call themselves your best friends. He had the same expression !!! What next? he too was robbed of his ego and pride.. and eventually had his face colored red. Thats Lallan !



We roamed for another half an hour then and then came over to my house where people were already in the festive mood. As we landed we received a warm gush of spring water from above. My mother was standing on the 3rd floor and smiling on all of ours dumbstruck faces. I had a warm welcome back. It indeed was a memorable day for me.




I guess when you have good ideas you most often then not inherit them .....

No comments: