Monday, December 31, 2007

I Dream to Fly ....







Most gulls don't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight—how to get from shore to food and back again. For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight. More than anything else, Jonathan Livingston Seagull loved to fly.—


Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

I see a young 18 year old lad, rimless specs, blackish skin, height of 5 ft 8” ,his weight would never have crossed 55 kg in his really happening lifetime ( As if it really was happening !!!! ), I presume his whole body could have been compressed to fit into my junk trunk. He would walk as if there is this ‘Shaggy’ from Scooby Doo walking, although his ht wasn’t as the latter’s. But one very notable thing about this Indian bloke was that he always showed a sign of self esteem and high confidence his body stimuli.

Do I hear someone say this person is Vishwa??

Well as most of you lovely readers don’t know who he is and I admit he has hardly in his lifetime done a single important job, I will throw some light on him. Vishwa Talati is 18 years old, comes from Ahmedabad. He is presently in Miami. But I think the hitch in his biodata is that how come a person like Vishwa (a dumb king!! ) be in a place like Miami?

I believe there is a plane for everyone. It depends on us whether we fly it or are we mere passengers in someone else’s flight. This is what I believe when I now see Vishwa. Flying a Boeing 737 simulator for the very first time at the age of 18 and that too first hand experience of flying at 60 kts (nautical miles per hr ) with only a trainer sitting besides you in the pitch black place eating out your head and ready to chop you and your head off for a single mistake when you are trying to land the big momma without any engine from around 2500 ft up in the sky !!!!

v got d prmission n now v r on d runway...in my mind praying 2 God dat v take off immediately.....i was lukin outside d window still rowlin n rowlin n den aftr attainin d speed pul d yoke n den at higher speed it goes up....pppphheewwww atlast v take off....climbin at 1000ft per min.....in 30 secs v were at 500 ft so now its tym 2 take a rite turn as it is d traffic pattern....n now climbin 2 1000ft as soon as v reach a certain distance bout half a mile agen take a lft turn so now v r alignd parallel 2 runway n as soon as v reach half d runway v start descendin n den wen v r bout a certain distance take a right turn agen n den half a mile behind d runway n on proper glide slope n den wen at 100 gt above ground v start flaring....n yes dis was my 1st takeoff n landing....




I have quoted here his first full flight training experience. He was on top of the world after this experience as he talked to me that day. He is in Panam International flying school doing his CPL training (Commercial Pilot License). He is due to be there for 6-8 months to complete his course and have an experience of 250 flying hours. But that’s easily said than done. Staying alone in a place where you get frozen food to eat, no friends or family, and a place that is situated in wilderness. But at the same time you know that if you crack this from head to tail it surely is going to be the best bet in your life, earning 2-3 lakhs min. per month and at the same time going around the world with you at the top.

One cannot look at the sea without wishing for the wings of a swallow

When Vishwa was yet to leave for his Dream role, we friends would never leave an opportunity to tease him and taunt his ideas for he was thinking of a mammoth thing, boasting about his ideas. But it takes huge amount of investment and heart to firstly to think about this. You are risking your lives and career online and finally you are in a situation where you have nothing in your hands and no option other than going down the Hole and wait for Wonderland to appear.
Vishwa is now 2 months old there, learning all he can and wants to about his love of aircrafts. He eats food made by himself, or mostly frozen Pizza’s. In his pastime he sits on his Lappy and interacts with one and all, whether it be me, our other friends, his parents, his G.F, a Pilot from any other airways or even the sexy and beautiful air hostesses there.

"flying is d 2nd mst thrillin thng known 2 mankind...landing is d 1st" as Vish says.
Actually i really used to wonder how the pilots who use to fly would be ? I mean their body languages and attitude. But since following Vishwa's experiances i have really been looking them with awe and frankly speaking the Air hostesses are my favourite.( No offence to vishwa....).


But really its been a long journey for me and vishwa or rather i should now say vishwa and me. I know this blood sucking person from 13 years and God knows how many days, but seeing him evolve through the passage of time and experiance has been a treasure to me. I remember the fragile and expressive boy and now i know the everconfident,dare devil AVIATOR !!!!

Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be.

This my friend is for you !!!


PS : Friends this is my point of view about this person and flying. You may follow the link below to contact him.

No comments: